My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Trishadotj Cooks: Pure Goodness!!

Though you may not know it..
I love cooking and I am VERY good at it..
I taught myself how to bake from scratch a few years ago and I can't go back to baking a cake from the box (though I'm not downing anyone who does)
I just love finding new recipes
On Thursday, i think, I heard about Shepard's Pie.
Now.. I've eaten and cooked and baked all sorts of things but had never heard of Shepard's Pie.
So..


 I google and googled my heart away until I came across Rachel Ray's version of Shepard's Pie, which I, in turn tweaked to make my own.
I don't eat beef so I used ground turkey
I also don't really care for carrots unless I'm making carrot cake so i used sweet peas and corn as vegetables.  I also couldn't resist sprinkling cheese on the top of the potatoes.
I used more potatoes than the recipe called for so I used more egg yolks.
The result was absolutely LOVELY!
It tasted so good.
Mhm...


0 comments:

Post a Comment