My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sadly that picture was the only decent picutre that i was able to take while trying to dry my nails whilst holding my Nikon D3100, which, btw, isn't the smallest of cameras.  So.. I finally did an OMBRE mani. and I absolutely LOVED it.  My sis liked it soo much that she wants me to do the same thing to her.. :)
Though many people who I've seen do the ombre manis go through hell and high water just trying to find polishes that are very close together.. i actually didn't do that. In fact, i only used one colored polish which is Sally hansen Complet Salon Manicure in "Thinking of Blue" and I used China Glaze "White on White". 
For this mani, I also used a paper plate and a toothpick to mix my colors. 
On the pinky is Thinking of blue in it's truest tone.. meaning it was unmixed.
Then on the ring finger, I added one drop of white. On the middle finger I added two drops of white.. so on and so forth.  I sat the little trick over at Seventeen and was super anxious to try it and i'm glad to say that it worked
If you try it let me know :) I would love to see how yours looks.

Until next time...
BEAT THAT POLISH!!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! I've never done a mix it yourself ombre. Doing it the other way, with five different bottles, helps me justify my oversize stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, I need to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @KarenD That's a nice way to look at it.. but for me that's a lot of work. lol. I like being lazy sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Emily :) Let me know when you do. I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Have got to try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete